Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Day 7
Today was one of the best days. We started making our rockets. We will launch these at Fiesta Island.
Anyway on to my homework. Did you know that for every pound on a space ship requires 2000 pounds of fuel? No wonder we are running out of oil. So if you have a total of 400000 pounds on your ship how much gas do you need? Well if you want to solve it your can and I will answer the question in words. It is eight hundred million. That is a huge number. Now my hard homework, I have to write down the safety rules for rocket launching. Not the bazooka type.

1. Materials- I will not attach any heavy objects such as metal. I will not make anything out of metal for my rocket.
2. Motors- I will use real motors that have been purchased. I will not use two or improve the motors in any way.
3. Ignition- I will launch my rocket with a real launcher. I will not manually set off the fuse.
4. Launch safety- I will warn everyone before launch and will stay 15 feet away. I will get everyone’s attention before launch.
5. Misfires- If the rocket does not launch when I push the button I will disconnect the power and then tell people when I am done.
6. Launcher- I will only use the launcher to fire my rocket. I will use the blast deflector to deflect the exhaust.
7. Size- I will use the size and weight to determent which motor to use.
8. Flight safety- I will not aim this rocket at anyone or any thing. I will only shoot when the shy is clear. I will not put any flammable or explosives on my rocket.
9. Launch site- I will launch my rocket outside and in a clear location. I will choose a place with as few people as possible. I will make sure there is nothing-flammable close by.
10. Recovery system- I will use an object that creates drag to make sure my rocket can be reused. I will make sure the object is not flammable.
11. I will not get my rocket from dangerous places such as phone lines.

These are the rules in my words.

No comments: